Monday, July 7, 2008

Mixing metaphors

I strongly feel that politicians, from ward councilors to MPs, should never be put in prison for their unlawful acts.
A politician at large is not as much of a threat to the common citizen as he is to the others in politics.
If X [fill in any politician that you know] walks the corridors free, he is a danger, sometimes even life threatening, to politicians in set Y [fill in the names of his opponents both in his party and outside].
My contention is that if X is in no way a threat to me, why should I pay to feed him in prison with my tax money. Let him be free to keep the Ys engaged in mortal combat.
X and the set Y are like apoptotic cells. Their programmed suicide is healthy for body politic.
Punishing them is inflicting necrosis. In contrast to apoptosis, necrotic cells cause escalating pain during degeneration and the eventual cleanup of cell debris is more difficult.
My vote is for the party that will constitutionalise legal immunity to the politicians.

1 comment: